Strength Exercises are the groups of exercises that help the practitioner to improve the structural strength of all over the body. It also increases the endurance of the body while decreasing the excess body weight.
It provides so many significant benefits like increasing bone, muscle, tendon, joint strength that it is a bit of good advice to include these exercises in your fitness routines.
Some notable examples of the Sports where strength training is central are bodybuilding, weightlifting, powerlifting, shot put, discus throw, and javelin throw, tennis, American football, wrestling, basketball, baseball, pole dancing, hockey etc.
6 Strength Exercises Benefits
Strength exercises help to build the ability to perform everyday tasks and slow down the rate of bone and muscle loss associated with ageing.
- Increase in Physical Appeal: Since Strength exercises are proven to given broad chest and narrow waist to users, it is helpful in the increase in physical change.
- Reduced Weight Loss and Increased Metabolism: Strength exercises helps in burning calories than fat, which increases muscle building and control weight.
- Reduced Risk of Diseases: These exercises are very beneficial in diminishing the chances of arthritis, diabetes, back pain, and even depression.
- Stronger Bones: Reducing the risk of Osteoporosis, strength exercises are proven to muscle contract and in strong bones creation.
- Boosts Brain Power: According to many studies, this is a known fact that exercises can lead to more oxygen drawing related activities in the body And more oxygen can lead to faster reflex and sharp memory.
- Lift your Mood and increase self-confidence: By increasing the oxygen level in the blood, Strength exercises also increase the amount of serotonin and endorphin which make the mood go happy.
3 Strength Exercises at Home for Beginners
Below are some example of the strength exercises beginners can do at their home without need of any equipment or gym material:-
- Jump Squat: In this exercise, you will work on your hamstrings, calves and glutes.
Steps: Stand up straight and feet with a shoulder-width apart. Then slowly start bending your hips to lower down as if you are sitting, just don’t bend your back in C or < like shape. Once Hip joints are parallel to your knees, jump as high as possible and straighten your body. Once landing goes to the same position and counts it as 1 repetition. Do this for 5 to 12 repetition.
- Push Up: This exercise work on chest, triceps and shoulders.
Steps: Put your feet and hands on the floor so that your whole body lie on them. Your hands should be shoulder-width apart. Now slowly lower down your hands and your shoulder with your hands to the floor, until your chest is closer to the floor. Now slowly return to your previous position and counts it as the first repetition. Do it for 12 repetitions.
- Plank: This exercise works on hands, stomach and legs and increases the core strength and stability of the overall body.
Steps: Place your hands and toes on the floor and then touch your elbow to the ground as if your hands and head make a Letter C like position. Be sure that your spine should be straight. Hold this position for 10 minutes. Make sure that your neck and spine should be straight.