Celery is a leafy plant commonly found in European areas in which it is used as a vegetable. The celery head consists of 9 to 12 stalks which can press up to produce 2 glasses of juice. It is recommended that you should drink 16 ounces i.e. 2 cups of Celery juice in a day, but this is all up to you and you can start with 1 cup also.
Drinking Juice instead of consuming the vegetable is considered more beneficial than juicing the pulp squeeze all the nutrients direct from the celery, while in cooked celeries many nutrients got reduced.
You also need to understand that celery juice must not be added with other juice like lemon, apple juice or apple cider vinegar etc because that can lower down the nutritional values of celery juice. Don’t even use bottled Celery juice instead of Celery juice.
6 Benefits of celery juice
Here are some of the benefits of drinking celery juice:-
- Celery Juice is a rich source of Antioxidants, high and diverse levels of vitamins and minerals.
- Celery Juice has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which act as healing agents and remove oxidative compounds from the body which energise the body.
- Celery juice is hydrating and refreshing due to the presence of electrolytes like sodium, calcium and potassium.
- It is low in sugar amount hence making it a very good option besides consuming apple juice or orange juice.
- Celery juice benefits for skin – Celery Juice is mostly water with 95% of the main stake, which makes it a clear hydrating drink for the skin. It also contains electrolytes that reduced the stomach and improve gut health which lowers down stress. This makes the skin looks brighter and younger than before.
- Benefits of celery juice on empty stomach – Drinking Celery Juice in the morning is also very great because it has anti-inflammatory properties which improve Skin health, cleanse the digestive tract. Celery juice also helps in controlling blood pressure and the liver by cleaning blood vessels.
One more interesting benefit of consuming celery juice is weight loss. It is easy to deduce that Celery took more calories to digest and your body burn more calories.
Easy celery juice recipe
Celery Juice Recipe is quite simple and we must talk about it primarily.
Following are the steps of the celery juice preparation:-
- First Arrange a bunch of Freshly available local celery and wash them.
- Cut down the Celery into 4 pieces and blend it thoroughly with a half cup of water.
- Put the mixture in a clean cotton cloth to refine the juice from the leftover.
Drink the juice immediately after draining to gain the fresh benefit. You can also add Lime juice or Apple juice to enhance the taste of the Celery juice.
The nutritional values content of celery juice is as follows:-
- Calories: 51 kcal
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 260g
- Potassium: 832mg
- Fibres: 5g
- Sugar: 6g
Negative side effects of celery juice
While all diets must have some side effects accordingly which you must know side by side. Following are some of them:-
- Some people experience diarrhoea after drinking celery juice regularly as celery juice as Mannitol in the Celery acts as an osmosis agent, which pulls out water into the digestive tract which results in the situation. However, celery juice amount is still debatable which could reduce the effect of mannitol.
- Some research has shown that celery juice is high in Sodium which is known to increase blood pressure.