Have you ever heard of a diet, in which no fasting is included, no counting of calories, fats and even chocolate and wine is allowed!!!
Strange isn’t it?? Well, it is not strange, its SIRT Food diet. We will talk about the SIRT food diet and discuss all it.
What is the Sirtfood Diet ?
According to the nutritionist, SIRT Foods are those foods which consist of the Sirtuin activators. Sirtuins are the type of protein which protect the cells in bodies from ageing. By eating Sirt Foods, you can gain muscle, lower down the weight and burn fat.
This diet is introduced by Glen Matten and Aiden Goggins which was fascinated by Sirtuin and its potential.
Sirtfood Diet is based on 2 phases
- The First phase goes for one week with which calorie intake limit of 1000kcal for first 3 days. During these 3 days, a diet will be three SIRT food green juices and one meal rich in Sirtfood. We will share some Sirtfood green juices list and meal in the further section. After the 3rd day, a diet will be increased from 1000kcal to 1500 kcal with two SIRT food green juice and two meal rich in Sirtfood.
- Phase two is called the maintenance phase in which weight loss occurs. In this phase, you need to have to eat all-natural food, in which 3 meal of Sirtfood diet is added with one SIRT food green juice. Nutritionist believes this is the way to lose weight sustainably.
After these 14 days, you can continue to have sirt food meal and green juice daily.
Top List of Sirtfood Items
We are here with some of the best-known food items that contain Sirtuin activators as following
- Red wine
- Green Tea
- Red onion
- Olive Oil
Sirtfood Green Juice
Sirtfood Green Juice is special juice made up of special items that contain Sirtuin element richly. You will need to take it during your diet and even afterwards.
We will now discuss the ingredients of the Green juice
You will need 2 large Kale, 30g of a large rocket, 5g of lovage leaves, large stalks of green celery, half a medium green apple, half a lemon and green tea.
Now we will discuss how to make the green juice. First of all, mix all of the green veggies and get the juice of them with the help of a juicer. Afterwards also juice up the celery and apple.
Squeeze the lemon and collect its juice. Now mix up all of the juices altogether with the matcha green tea and stir all along and the Green juice is ready.
If you feel uneasy for the first time due to juice, then you can add water to the juice.
Sirtfood Diet Recipes
We will now look up some SIRT diet food recipes that you can eat during the Sirt Food Diet.
- Strawberry Buckwheat Tabbouleh: Cook the Buckwheat as its packages instruct, then drain aside and then finely chop the avocado, tomato, red onion, dates, capers and parsley and mix with cooled buckwheat. Slice the strawberries and mix with virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
- Lamb, Butternut Squash And Date Tagin: Preheat the oven to the 140Degree Celcius, pour 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil into a large ovenproof pan or iron casserole dish and then add the chopped red onion and cook for over 5 minutes till onion are softened but not brown. Add the grated garlic and ginger, chilli, cumin, cinnamon and turmeric and cook for 1 more minute with the lid off. Add a splash of water if it gets too dry. Then add in the lamb chunks and stir well and add spices, salt, chopped dates and tomatoes, plus about half a can of water (100-200ml). Bring the tagine to the boil and then put the lid on. 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time, add in the chopped butternut squash and drained chickpeas. Stir everything together, put the lid back on and return to the oven for the final 30 minutes of cooking. When the tagine is ready, remove from the oven and stir through the chopped coriander. Serve with buckwheat, couscous, flatbreads or basmati rice.
- Fragrant Asian Hotspot-SIRT FOOD: Place the tomato purée, star anise, parsley, coriander, lime juice and chicken stock in a large pan and bring to simmer to 10 min. Add the carrot, broccoli, prawns, tofu, noodles and water chestnuts and simmer gently until the prawns are cooked through. Remove from the heat and stir in the sushi ginger and miso paste. Serve sprinkled with the parsley and coriander leaves.
There are some of the food snacks which can help if you feel hungry during the diet.
- Green Tea:- Green tea can provide you Sirt boost very instantly. We recommend two cups in a day.
- Red Grapes
- Dark Chocolate
Sirtfood Diet vs Keto Diet
Keto diet and SIRTfood diets are both calorie and food-restricting diet but still, they have a major difference.
The first difference is the hunger satiation which is rarely felt in the Keto diet and in SIRTFood this is not happening.
Meanwhile, the Ketogenic diet has more scientific backing in the case of immune health and disease management rather than SIRT food diet.